Thursday, February 9, 2012

If words could kill…

People say that actions speak louder than words… But although words can’t make you bleed they are able to leave scars that may fade but never disappear. 

My body is full of scars… Most of them are faded and hardly visible, but when I look at them long enough they become more and more noticeable. I guess “Word Wounds” as I call them, are as deep as the time you dedicate thinking about them.

“Sticks and stones might break my bones but words can never hurt me” I don’t think so…
Words are just a bunch of letters put together, but it’s the way we put them together that counts. Shuffling them the wrong way can make others cry, they can push individuals in to a depressive state and they can make you question your self-worth. 



We all say things we do and do not mean, sometimes to be honest, sometimes to be mean, and most of the times we just mouth off when we are angry.  Once the steam has been blown off usually what’s left are engraves of the harsh words we blurt out. We hurt others and others hurt us; so if words could kill, you would be dead and engraved on your tombstone would write… “Killer died by his own weapon”

No comments:

Post a Comment