Thursday, July 24, 2014

DIY Pallet Chair


For my fathers 63rd birthday i wanted to get him something special and since he is quite difficult to buy for, because he is a strong believer of not spending money; I decided that it would be a good idea to give him a hand made gift.

 



My idea was to make him a piece of furniture like an arm chair so he can use when he is outdoors or even at home.


Of course i am not the master of working with tools so i would need some help for this project. Luckily my hubby loved the idea and his enthusiasm to help out was assuring. He also consoled with a buddy of his who has handles similar projects. So with an idea of what we wanted we got started 1 week before my dads birthday.

Day 1: Measuring, cutting and smoothing out the pallets.



Day 2: Assembling using screws. Also at this point we added a couple of ideas that came to us during the process such as adding a cup holder and making the back adjustable.The chair now has 3 positions.



Day 3: Varnishing and waiting for it to dry.

So this is what it finally looks like. We will give it to my father this week end when the family will get together to celebrate his 63rd birthday. I may rap a ribbon on it for presentation purposes.



A big Thanks to the best hubby and his buddy for making this possible.
xoxo
Natasha

1 comment:

  1. My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web page and thought I should check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to
    looking at your web page for a second time.

    Here is my page; book of ra online spielen (www.Bookofraspieler.com)

    ReplyDelete