Friday, September 16, 2016

365 degree turn around

This time last year a lot was so different! I was not even pregnant never mind a mom and we were living in a different apartment. But from then until now, feels like a whirlwind of events... From finding out i was pregnant in February and announcing it to my family on my sisters 32nd birthday to making the decision at 7 months of pregnancy to move homes from the city to the village.  To have been hit with a curve-ball when i got the phone call in October that my younger brother was in a horrible accident which landed him in a comatose state and hospitalized for what we thought would be for a very long time and the fear of loosing him or he having severe brain damage. In November it was time to leave my brother to give birth to my baby boy, while the rest of my family struggled at my brothers bed side.

If anything, 2015 has taught my family and i a series of lessons. 


First and foremost it has taught us the power of faith;to have faith in God and in the strength given to us from God. After 2 months of battling a war that once seemed hopeless; my brother is well!!! he was given a second change and as it seems to us, he has been reborn.

Secondly,worries will come and go and its up to us how we handle them. This year has taught me to be Graceful and Grateful.

Third, plans will change and its not the end of the world. The say..."Life is what is happening while you are planning" so i have decided to live life as it comes and appreciate more of it then i have in the past. 

"To let go" is another lesson. It is not worth reminiscing the negative that has happened or that others may have conflicted upon us. Forgive and move on. Focus on the good in life and let the rest resolve it self. And if something seems like it can not be resolved then it already probably is. I am trying to accept the things that i can not change.

I am looking forward to 2016 and am just grateful that i and the people i love the most are in it with me.


xoxo
Natasha G.

No comments:

Post a Comment