Friday, September 16, 2016

Believe it

Many Sundays have come and gone without me sitting in a church seat.
Does this make me a sinner?  
I have never been one to think that if i am not in church God can't hear me. Besides, my belief does not lay in the 4 walls of the church but in the love that God has for all people no matter where we are.

I can not call myself a religious person as i do not follow all the churches rules and regulations. Nevertheless i do have faith and i want to believe that my faith is what brings me closer to God. Although i have been baptized and my wedding did take place in church, i can not say that i am a frequent visitor to the alter.
I do visit church now and then. Sometimes just to look at the the beauty of the "house of God" sometimes to send out a prayer, sometimes to ask for help and not often as i should to show gratitude.





I remember my Grandmother to be a very religious woman. She wore praying beads around her neck and everyday she would take the time to pray.
She would give what she could to the church and believed that everyone on earth has come with a "divine" purpose. My grandmother probably was the one to pass the value of faith on to my dad. My father has always been a good provider for his family. He has been working all his life to make sure his family is taken care of and that every need that his wife and children have are met. He gets up every morning for the past 65 years using his hands, physical labor and energy in to providing for his family. This he does out of Love.

Before he begins his day and as he starts the car to drive to his destination, he prays.


I'm sure my father has been afraid; but he never shows it.
I'm sure he has felt like crying; but he almost never does.
I'm sure he feels weak; but everyone sees his strength.
And where does he find this strength? In the faith he has in God.

I want my children to believe. To know that there is more. To never doubt that they will be provided for. To never doubt the strength God provides. I want them to be grateful and humble. But most of all i want them to know Love and to share love.

If this is something i am able to teach my growing family then i have succeeded as a parent.

xx
Natasha Elena G. 

No comments:

Post a Comment