Friday, September 16, 2016

5 Steps to getting back into your jeans

So... i have about 15-20 pairs of jeans in my wardrobe; and yes, i love them all!
Trouble is after 9 months of pregnancy and 3 weeks of breastfeeding, none of my beloved jeans actually fit :(



Therefore i decided that its time to get back in to shape (without affecting the quality and quantity of my breast-milk). My current weight is 62 kg and my goal weight is 55 kg. And these are the 5 steps i plan on following to get there...



Step 1: Cut out the sugar.
As i have been drinking a lot of warm beverages like tea for the cold weather and not a fan of honey in my tea; i have been adding 1 tsp of sugar to each cup of tea. I know... not the healthiest decision. So starting now sugar will be band from my beverages!  And this will be my step 1 to getting back in my pre-pregnancy jeans!

Step 2: Portions.
I am known for overdoing it a little when it comes to my meal portions. So for me this will probably be the hardest step but i am determined to make this change. So i will be reducing my portions to healthier quantities rather than that little extra that was usually added to the plate.

Step 3: H2O.
Yep, we have all heard it before and most of us just ignore it! Drink water!! So step 3 will be to get a sufficient intake of water which i believe has been lacking in my regular diet.

Step 4: Move it.
Time to get moving again! Before falling pregnant i was going to Taekwondo classes, dancing and taking dog for walks. Never-mind living on the second floor with no elevator. Now at a ground-floor home and a new born in my care; its a little hard to get out or do classes. But this wont be my excuse as i will make time for at least 30 minutes of moving it during the day. It may include dancing around the house while cleaning up and doing a few sit ups and a few squats for start.

Step 5: Rethink the grocery list.
Before i take my list and head off to the grocery store; i will be filtering my choices. Instead of the chocolate covered cereal we usually get, i will get some oats or even some special-K cereal. Plan to make better choices!

xoxo Good Luck!
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment