Friday, September 16, 2016

Make Friends

Find people that make you laugh; Who are easy to talk to and who make the silence comfortable. These are the people who you choose to spend your time with. These are the people you will call friends.




Personally i have never been the kind of person to phone my friends up to talk about my day, my feelings and emotions. I tend to express myself better in other ways such as writing and that is ok. Not everyone will "get you" but that just makes it that much more special when you find those few that do.

The people that get your sense of humor and that you can totally feel free to be yourself when you around them; sometimes if you are lucky enough you will find at least one person that is "your person "(no Grey's Anatomy pun intended).


I don't think of my self as the best example of a good friend. I would much more prefer that my children get their friendship skills from their dad. He is probably the most genuine person i know. He has made friends in his childhood that are still considered good friends today. He makes friends really easy too; making a friend while you on your way taking out the trash, is a great skill to have.
I on the other hand have lost touch with a lot of  people who i hold close to my heart. Sometimes life just sails in different directions and ways part. I am shy, even though i try to hide it. I am socially awkward and try my best to make conversation with others. Most of the times what is in my head and what comes out of my mouth differ so much, that i even surprise my self. And in a society that sometimes feels like my own after 20 years and other times feels so far from what i know; i feel lost. So i surround myself with the people who see my worth without me having to explain it, and who know that i am willing to offer whatever i can freely without feeling forced. Unfortunately these people are few but cherished.

The value of a good friend is priceless and i hope i can pass this notion on to my little one so that his life may always be filled with good companionship and laughter. I guess i can only teach him to be genuine, true to who he is and kind to others; friendship should follow.



If you going to be a friend, be a good one.
Natasha Elena G.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment